2013 Rule Change: The deadline is extended to December 31! Late deadline is January 7.
2012 Rule Change: Prints are now mandatory. As an option, please also submit electronic files for internal use. You can include them on a CD or email to: email@example.com.
1. Entries must represent work that has been completed within the last two years.
2. Each company is limited to one entry per category with a maximum of five entries. No entry may be entered in more than one category.
3. Entries must represent work done entirely by the fabricating company. (Exceptions: Category O-Repairing or restoring of previously done ironwork must be identified and will be considered by the committee. This does not limit the use of castings, stampings or other items. For joint venture projects with another member company, only one company may enter the contest and be eligible to win an award.)
4. Jobs entered in any previous year may not be reentered, and disqualified entries are not eligible for future competitions.
5. A minimum of five entries is required before a category is opened for display and voting. Entries for categories that fail to meet the minimum may be held over for one year until the next competition.
6. A signed entry form and required fees must be submitted along with photographs. Payment is in the form of a check made payable to NOMMA (U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank) or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA).
7. A nonrefundable fee of $75.00 per entry is required if postmarked by December 31, 2012. For entries postmarked after December 18, the $75.00 fee plus an additional late fee of $50.00 per entry is required (total of $125 per entry). Entries postmarked afterJanuary 7, 2013 are not eligible and will be returned.
8. Entries are to be mailed to: NOMMA, 805 South Glynn St., Ste. 127 #311, Fayetteville, GA 30214. Envelopes should be marked "TOP JOB ENTRY."
9. Photos should be NO LARGER than 8-1/2 x 11 (no photocopies). Photos larger than 81/2" x 11" will be trimmed. Two photos are suggested, one showing the complete job and the other a detail shot. A third photo may be included, but will be used at the discretion of the committee. Exception: For the restoration category, four photos are required (two prior to restoration and two after). No collages or additional photos are allowed. For digital photos, please make sure you use high-resolution images(300 dpi recommended) and high quality photo paper for printing.
10. Each photo must be identified with a label on the back as to the fabricating company and desired category. There is to be no writing directly on the back, as this may damage the photo and disqualify the entry. There must be nothing in or on the front of the photograph that identifies the fabricator.
11. All contest photos become the property of NOMMA.
12. A typed description of the job, up to 160 words, must be submitted with each entry. The NOMMA headquarters office will use the description to prepare a card to be displayed with the photograph. All descriptions are subject to editing. Include information such as the approximate number of labor hours, type of material, fabrication or installation techniques and challenges, type of finish, and who designed the job (such as architect, designer, fabricator no names please). No identification of the fabricating company is allowed in the description.
13. The identity of the fabricating company will remain anonymous until after voting has closed. Should the fabricator discuss or disclose the identity of the work before the close of voting, the entry may be disqualified and removed from competition.
14. To be eligible for the contest, returning members must pay a full years dues for the current fiscal year. This rule does not apply to new members.